Effective Date: January 1, 2022
Energy PriceBook’s goal is to provide valuable Services to Our Users and enable You to have a pleasant and productive online experience. Central to this goal is to be transparent with You regarding the data that We collect and how We use this data.
Residents in European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland and other regions may have additional rights under their laws.
To provide Our Users with relevant information (e.g., ads, updates, etc.) and a tailored, user-experience, We may, where permitted, collect and track, or rely on others to collect and track information about You and Your device (e.g., User ID, IP address, operating system and browser information) based on Your interactions with Our Service and other sites.
2.1 Technology Descriptions
Listed below are cookies and similar technologies that We, Our Partners and/or Service Providers utilize to collect and process data as part of Our Services. These cookies and similar technologies are not used to run computer programs on Your device, access information on Your hard drive, or deliver viruses.
A cookie is a small file that websites place on the web browser of Your device (e.g., computer, phone, tablet, etc.). The information on the cookie file travels back and forth from Your browser and Our website (e.g., first party cookie) and/or another’s website (e.g., third party cookies from Our Partners). Cookies recognize Your device and track Your different browsing characteristics, such as: how frequently You visit a site, times of Your visits, banners and buttons You clicked, etc. Cookies enable Our website (and other third party websites such as Our Partners) to tailor Your online experience by presenting You with customized information based on Your browsing patterns and preferences.
We use two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps Us recognize You as an existing User (e.g., user identity), making it easier for You to return to or interact with Our Services without formally logging in. A persistent cookie remains in Your web browser and will be read by Energy PriceBook or a third party (e.g., Our Partners) when You return to Our Service or a third party site (e.g., Our Partner’s website) that uses or is associated with Our Services. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies last only as long as Your current visit (i.e. session) on Our or a third party website (e.g., Our Partner’s website). For example, Our Partners may include ad serving companies that provide ad platforms/networks/exchanges and use (third-party) persistent and/or session cookies to remember which ads have already appeared on Your browser. This information helps Us and Our Partners deliver ads that are relevant to Your interests, control the numbers of times You see an ad, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
A pixel refers to the code on Our Service (e.g., website) that We place or permit to be placed by a third party (e.g., Our Partner such as an ad serving company, platform, network, and/or exchange). This pixel is a tiny (1X1) image, but instead of calling an image, it calls an application that may be on Our Service (e.g., website) or on third party platform (e.g., media buying platform such as a DSP), wherein this application downloads a cookie to Your browser. Despite its name, the pixel itself is not visible to You and can only be seen in the software code of Our Service (e.g., website) or a third party (e.g., Our Partner’s platform). Although a pixel may be located on Our Service (e.g., website), the pixel may be served from an external third party (e.g., Our Partner such as an ad serving company, platform, network, and/or exchange). In such case, this pixel calls an application that downloads a (third party) cookie to Your browser, which passes data from Your browser to this external third party regarding Your browsing characteristics and/or user identity.
Local storage enables a website or application to store information locally on Your device(s). Local storage may be used to improve Your experience with Our Service, for example, by enabling features, remembering Your preferences and speeding up site functionality.
2.2 Technology List
Below is a sample listing of cookies and similar technology that may be used as part of Our Service. Please note that the names may change over time.
A. Stripe – Payment Processing
lang; scfc; _stripe_mid; _ga
B. Vimeo – VideoProcessing
_ssid; _vimeo_nd_test; is_logged_in; optimizelyBuckets; has_logged_in; optimizelyEndUserId
C. Sharethis – Information Sharing
_stidv; _stid; pxcelPage_c010_B; pxcelBcnLcy
D. Google – Analytics and Research
_utma; _utmb; _utmc; _utmz
E. Pusher.com – Information Pushes
hubspotutk; _hstc; _dxc; ajs_group_id; FSAC; ajs_reset; FSAV
F. Energy PriceBook – Site Functionality
_stripe_sid; _stripe_mid; XSRF-TOKEN
The aforementioned technologies may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Identify You (e.g., user ID) and verify Your account and account settings
- Present You with correct information and personalize content in accordance with Your account settings
- Provide You with fast and secure transactions with Our Services
Preferences and Functionality
- Enable features and functionality of Our Services (e.g., sort data tables so that the most recent sort is presented when You return to a page)
- Remember Your browser settings and preferences
- Use local storage on Your device to speed processing and Service functionality
- Customize content
Plug-ins & Customization
- Enables plug-ins both on Our Service and third party platforms (e.g., Our Partners’ platforms)
- Results in analytics and Service functionality tailored to You
- A plug-in (or sometimes referred to as add-in or add-on) is software that adds a specific feature to an existing computer program. When the existing program supports plugins, it enables customization of that existing program specific to You, the User.
- Identify relevant advertising to You both on and off Our Services (e.g., deliver ads that are relevant to Your interests, control the numbers of times You see an ad, etc.)
- Help Us measure the effectiveness of ads (e.g., if You were presented with an ad on Our site and then You later took action on another site such as making a purchase or submitting an information request on this other site)
- Help Our Partners measure the effectiveness of their ads posted on Our site and provide Our Partners and Us with analytical information regarding these ads
Performance, Analytics and Research
- Help Us, Our Partners and/or Service Providers understand, improve and research products, features and services, including when You navigate on Our site(s) or when You access Our Services from other sites, applications or devices
- Provide analytics to Us, Our Partners and/or Service Providers based on Your interactions with Our Service or other sites
- Provide aggregated information to Our Users, Us, Partners and/or Service Providers, wherein this information is extrapolated from Your (and other Users) interactions with Our Service or other sites
4. Your Choices